“You cannot always control what goes on outside but you can always control what goes on inside” and yoga definitely helps you to do so.
Amid ever-changing information around the COVID -19 pandemic, most of us are extremely stressed. Another minute passes by and we receive yet another update about another person tested positive or new decision the government took to control things.
There is literally so much going on outside while we stay indoors! Most of us are experiencing fear and spikes in anxiety, whether it’s dealing with an at-risk family member or patients, a roller-coaster economy, trying to judge work, keeping kids occupied or homeschooling while schools are closed or simply adjusting to a very new, unfamiliar situation, stress can easily pile up negative stress on you – both physically and mentally. It is very important to stay calm and deal with the current scenario and yoga can help you do so.
Try practising these yoga poses with slow breathing and you will notice the difference in yourself and get rid of quarantine stress.
- Tadasana- you can practice it for correcting bad posture, relieves stress and improves the functioning of the digestive system. This can also help in promoting the circulation of extremities.
- Uttanasana – It helps in back pain, aids blood circulation makes you more flexible. Improve circulation to the upper part of your body.
- Baddha konasana – relieves fatigue, stimulates your urinary bladder and manages kidney problems.
- Bhujangasana – addresses spinal pain, deals with lower back stiffness, and gets rid of hunching issues.
- Shavasana- helps to cure insomnia, improves concentration levels and eases stress and anxiety.
Most importantly try to make the most of your self-quarantine while practising yoga. This shall not only keep your body and lungs healthy but will also improve your overall immunity system and boost your energy levels.