As expected, POCO announced its latest flagship smartphone at a global launch event — POCO F2 Pro. As we reported earlier, the phone is a rebranded model of the Redmi K30 Pro smartphone launched earlier this year.
The POCO F2 Pro flaunts a 6.67-inch E3 Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ screen resolution, HDR10 support, 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, 60Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate. It also comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
Processor and More
Powering the smartphone is Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor, coupled with Snapdragon X55 model for dual-mode SA/NSA 5G connectivity. The phone comes packed with up to 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage.
It features 3435mm² VC liquid-cooled heat sink, Game Turbo 3.0, 4D vibration when playing games with Z-axis motor. It is also certified by TÜV Rheinland for high-performance gaming. The device also comes with support for Wi-Fi 6, Super Bluetooth, NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack and IR blaster along with Hi-Res audio support and 1.2cc speakers.
For photography, there’s a quad-camera setup on the back consisting of a 64 MP Sony IMX686 primary sensor with OIS, a 13 MP ultra wide-angle lens with a 123-degree FoV, a 5 MPtelemacro lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor. On the front, you get 20 MP pop-up snapper for taking selfies and video calling.
UI & Battery
The device is running Android 10 operating system with MIUI 11 custom user interface. The phone is powered by a 4700 mAh battery and comes with support for 30W fast charging technology.
The POCO F2 Pro comes in Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple and Cyber Grey colours. It is priced at €499 (~₹40,750) for the 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage version while the 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage model costs €599 (~₹48,900).
POCO F2 Pro – Full Specifications
- Display: 6.67-inch Full HD+ E3 AMOLED display with 2400 × 1080 pixels resolution, HDR10 +, 200nit (Max brightness) / 800nit (HBM) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage
- OS: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Rear Camera: 64 MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens + 13 MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm + 5 MP (50mm equivalent tele) macro lens + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 20 MP with 120fps slow motion
- Others: In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Connectivity Options: 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, and USB Type-C port
- Battery: 4700 mAh with 30W fast charging
Pricing and Availability
6 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage: €499 (~₹40,750)
8 GB RAM + 256 GB Storage: €599 (~₹48,900)
Availability: From today via third-party online retailers